Wednesday 18 November 2009

1. Ideas for new Project















For this project we have to write our own brief... I want to do something a little different from my last project so here's a few images I've chosen as a start. I'm going to focus on menswear as I really enjoyed it last project and want to carry it on. I want to look at Mod culture especially, also football hooliganism and 'terrace fashion,' a term to describe the fashion worn on the streets by football hooligans. I love how they take so much pride in the designer gear they wear even if they are poor, to fit in is to have the latest stone island jacket or burberry shirt. Same with the Mods, they paid so much attention to their clothes and they way they looked. I believe men are paying more attention to the way they look nowadays and I feel that the brands like Fred Perry, Fila, Sergio Traccini, Penguin, Ben Sherman are becoming more popular, all of which have a mod or terrace influence. These images are just to get brainstorming with.


*Image five from bottom is Tanya Padovan, website is http://www.redbubble.com/people/soulfulstyle, definitely worth a gander!

1 comment: