Wednesday 8 September 2010

I'm Reading...



Last week while holidaying in Morocco I took with me the 'Millennium' Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', the first in the series was very much 'unputdownable'. I thought I was starting to struggle with the beginning as it has a lot going on and it seems quite complicated but once the characters are established and the plot becomes clear it turns into an intense and clever story I would recommend to anyone. Without ruining the book, the main plot is about a journalist, (Blomkvist) who is hired by an old business man to help shed some light on a murder which happened in his family some thirty years ago. Lisbeth Salander is an exceptional computer hacker, who also gets tangled up in the mystery, but it's her character which is the most interesting. I'm currently half way through the second, 'The Girl Who Played with Fire,' in which she getting hunted by the police for a triple murder. At the moment it seems as though she is ignoring the reader like she does with most people in the book when she gets hurt or bored. There hasn't been a paragraph yet from her perspective so you're not sure whether she committed the crime or not. I'll post my final thoughts when I've finished all the books in the trilogy.

image from www.steiglarsson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment